“MoolahNinjas main goal is to help our readers improve their financial lives. We partner with other companies that share that same vision. Some of these links in this post may be from our partners. This is how we make money.”
We all are, and the way you’ll work happiest and perform best is different for each and every one of us. Making money from home is your key to designing a lifestyle that’s custom-fit around you. Not somebody else…
Because guess what!
The 9-5 workday is obsolete! It’s not the industrial period, we’re not all working in production lines creating 100 cars a day… So why work a 9-5 that treats you as if you are?
Read on as we share 20+ methods anyone can do, regardless of age, experience, background and all the other factors that office jobs judge people by…
We rate each method using the following rankings, use it to find the best one for you!
Based on two factors Startup and Payment:
‘Startup’ compares how long you need to prepare before working. Similarly, ‘Payment’ compares how much time it will take to make money.
This is comparing how hard it is to be successful with the method.
This compares how much you could earn.
4 Best Ways to Make Money from Home
You can start these in your spare time! If you especially like one, focus on it to earn more!
1. Do Cryptocurrency Trading
Cryptocurrencies are traded like stocks and forex, but with an extremely higher potential for profits thanks to how quick and often the prices move around.
Many people are afraid of earning through cryptocurrencies, but the reality is that with the right tool, it can be extremely easy and profitable.
Making successful trades is difficult as a beginner, but we’ve recently discovered an auto-trading software called ProfitFarmers. From finding the right coins to trade to placing and tracking them automatically, this tool literally does everything for you!
We’ve tested it ourselves, and you can see our review here.
- Once you have a wallet and crypto-exchange account, you can start buying and selling coins.
- You can get your profits in less than a day and withdraw them.
The crypto market is volatile, meaning the prices move quick and often. This volatility makes it possible to earn 50-100%+ profits on a trade in just a few hours!
2. Fill Out Paid Surveys
Giving your opinion is not hard, especially when you’re getting paid to do it. Companies need their market’s opinions to improve or create products, and they’re willing to pay for it!
Just sign up to a survey site, share some info about yourself and start taking surveys! They typically take 10-15 minutes to complete, and doing this simple task builds up to a nice chunk of change in your pocket.
Why not sign up to multiple sites and increase the amount of surveys you can take? Here’s some that we’ve tried and tested true ourselves:
- Signing up and answering surveys take only a few minutes.
- Every paid survey platform has a different payout amount, ranging from $5, which can be reached pretty quickly, to $50, which will take much longer.
You don’t need any special skills or background to be able to answer paid surveys.
Most surveys pay $0.5 to $5 for about 5 to 20 minutes of your time, depending on the topic.
3. Do freelancing Jobs
Freelancing is one of the easiest ways you can make money from home.
Just take your skills, go to an online job posting site, and find clients to work with! You can make good money working on projects that are interesting to you.
Some skills you can freelance with are:
You can even work as a freelance consultant for skill sets like marketing, engineering, law and accounting. There’s no limit to what you can do!
- You can start advertising yourself on various platforms in less than an hour.
- You negotiate your payment schedule with your clients.
Most people will already have a sellable skill to start with. Building your reputation for higher paying jobs could take some time.
Freelancers can make $100’s to $10,000’s a month depending on the industry.
4. Do Blogging
Would you enjoy talking and writing about your thoughts on various topics? If so, blogging could be a fun way to earn from home!
Start a blog for free through platforms like WordPress, and easily upgrade to premium features (like having your own website at www.yourname.com) for very cheap.
Bloggers typically make money by building up an audience they can monetise by promoting products, services, courses etc.
Here are more ways to make money:
- Join an affiliate program. Affiliate marketers promote a product or service through ads or links, and they get a commission for each click
- Attract sponsorships and endorse their products or services
- Sell your own products or services (like your own courses or coaching!)
- Intuitive and easy to use
- Extremely customizable design, features, and functionalities
- Can incorporate third-party tools
- SEO Ready Site
- Mobile responsive and Cost-efficient
- Creating your website, publishing your first post, and marketing your blog to attract readers usually takes a few days.
- Your number of monthly readers directly affects how much you earn. Getting frequent visitors to monetise on can take 6+ months.
Anyone who likes to write can start a blog, but they have to be strategic. You can check out the ten steps to be a successful blogger in this guide.
If you manage to get 1,000 to 50,000 readers monthly, you could earn $1,000-$10,000+ a month.
Other Things You Can Do Using Social Media
If you’re more interested in building an income through social media sites, then read ahead!
5. Becoming an Instagram Influencer
Instagram is one of the hottest ways to make money online. You share your lifestyle, hobbies or interests through photos, build a following, and eventually get sponsors and brand deals. With a large enough following you can get paid $5,000+ per sponsored post!
To be an influencer you should start by:
- Picking a niche you’re passionate about
- Getting an Instagram Business account
- Building a great bio
- Learning about using the right hashtags
We recommend you to register on these sites:
- Creating an Instagram business account takes a few minutes, but it takes months to build up a large following.
- Getting a big enough following that you can monetize with affiliate products or sponsorships takes months to years.
You need to understand your audience well so you can post content that they’ll relate to and engage with.
Essentially, the more followers you have, the more you can expect to earn.
6. Become A Youtuber
YouTube is a fun and creative way to make money expressing opinions and sharing your knowledge.
Video has quickly become the most popular type of online content, so if you can create quality videos, your potential earnings are practically unlimited.
Youtube gets millions of watch-hours each day, making it a perfect place to post videos and generate a passive income.
You can make money by:
- Selling merchandise
- Getting sponsorships
- Becoming an affiliate partner
Helps you get more views on YouTube
Helps you create YouTube thumbnails and templates
- Anyone can make a YouTube channel in minutes! No qualifications required.
- It can take months to years before you start earning from your videos.
Popular topics have high competition, but that doesn’t mean you can’t make videos on it.s. People are constantly looking for fresh content, so try your best to stand out or pick a topic with low competition.
YouTubers with a million subscribers can make thousands of dollars a month per video.
7. Stream on Twitch
Twitch is one of the most popular gaming streaming services, making it a great way to earn money from home by recording your gaming sessions.
You could even make Twitch gaming a full-time career if you enjoy it enough!
Tips for getting started:
- Find a game streaming software
- Invest in a good camera and microphone
- Stream regularly
You’ll need to be very charismatic and play games well if you want to compete against top streamers.
More followers = higher earnings! The most popular streamers get paid millions of dollars a year!
8. Use Affiliate Marketing
Creatively promoting a product/service, and receiving a commission for each sale you generate. That’s affiliate marketing in a nut-shell.
You can make a massive passive income after you get started! Simply build up an engaged audience, and share affiliate offers within their interests.
From blogs to youtube videos and even social media posts, easily find a way to do affiliate marketing that’s both interesting and profitable for you.
- Very active affiliate marketing portal
- New products are being added every day
- Payouts are always on time
- Most famous ‘Cost-Per-Action’ advertising companies globally
- Made up of thousands of campaigns and affiliates
- Specialized in maximizing ROI of both advertisers and affiliates
Tips for getting started:
- Make a website, blog or social media channel to attract a targeted audience
- Apply for many affiliate partnership programs
- Learn how to make a good sales funnel
Making a website, blog or social media account is easy, but creating content that converts visitors into sales can take months to learn properly.
With a large, engaged audience you can make $10,000+ a month through affiliate links.
Make Money from Home by Selling Products Online
There are many platforms where you can easily promote items to a wide audience.
We’ve listed the best ones below, so read on!
9. Selling Books on Amazon
If you’re good at writing, then why don’t you try publishing a book on Amazon?
With thousands of people buying eBooks on Amazon every day, this offers an unheard-of opportunity to reach an audience that will love your content.
Some of the most popular genres:
Once you’ve written the book, you can publish and list it on Amazon in just a few hours..
What you earn depends on many factors, but marketing your book well is most crucial. If enough people start buying then Amazon might start promoting it too!
10. Selling Used Items Online
If you have ‘pre-loved’ items that you don’t use, consider posting them online to collect some cash from them!
Reach a massive market selling your items online, just open accounts on various marketplaces and you’re good to go!
Some online marketplaces:
Spocket has many products, good customer support, and fast shipping. They are our favourite choice.
- Taking proper photos and writing catch descriptions can take time, especially with a lot of items.
- Each selling platform has its own rules for payment, so check with them before you list items there.
Anyone can list an item for sale online.
You could make $1,000”s depending on your item’s value and demand.
- An account at an online marketplace
- PayPal or a similar payment processing account
- Used items to sell
- Shipment options
11. Sell Handicrafts
If you’re talented at making hand-crafted products, you should consider selling them online. People are willing to pay good money for limited-production hand made items!
Here are some tips for selling handmade products:
- Open an account in an e-commerce website, like Etsy
- Open an online shop on social media sites like Instagram or Facebook
- Promote your products on your blog or in YouTube videos
The more exposure your product has, the better!
- Unique handcrafted products can take weeks or months to finish.
- Buyers will usually pay upfront.
Time and skills are required to consistently produce high-quality items.
You could make $1,000’s from a single, well-made item!
- A high-quality product
- A shipment processor
- An interested buyer
12. Sell Clothes Online
- Choosing a platform to sell in, such as an Instagram business page, taking good pictures of the clothes you want to sell, and posting your items might take a week or so.
- Sales and transactions are instant.
It’s easy to post photos of clothes online.
You can make thousands of dollars selling clothes. However, shipment fees and your competitors’ prices can lower profits.
- A stock of clothes to sell
- A proper payment processing system
- An account in an e-commerce website or a social media business page
13. Sell Stock Photos
If you enjoy taking photos, then you can hone in on your skills and make money from it!
Here are some of the most popular stock photo categories:
- Exotic locations
- Everyday items
- Getting your photos approved can take a few days.
- Most platforms pay out at fixed intervals or after reaching a certain account balance.
If you want to make larger amounts of money, you’ll need to spend time learning to take better pictures.
It depends on how popular your photos are, and the type of license you sell them with. Expect roughly $50-$1,000+ a month.
- A decent camera
- Basic photography skills
- Editing skills
14. Create an Online Store in an eCommerce Site
Making an online store to sell your items through could quickly build up to a lot of money.
You can make a site from scratch or use templates from platforms like:
Spocket has many products, good customer support, and fast shipping. They are our favourite choice.
- Using a drag and drop builder for your site won’t take long, but posting your items and organising them nicely can take time.
- Depending on the payment processor plugged into your site, purchase payments can be instant.
Ecommerce is a very competitive industry. You’ll need to use effective marketing skills and optimise your site for SEO if you want to attract visitors to your online shop.
With good products and smart marketing, it’s possible to make thousands of dollars a month.
- An account in an ecommerce website
- Good products
- Easy payment options
More Ways To Earn
If making money online isn’t your thing, then why not go old-school?
15. Have Your Car Rented
If you don’t use your car often, renting it out could be a great way to make money instead of it just sitting around!
If you’re interested, here are a few tips to help you get started:
- Make a clear and concise guideline for renters
- Decide whether you’ll accept cash or credit
- Set a timetable for your renters
You could also make use of ride-sharing platforms like:
- Just post your rental services on social media and wait for people to contact you.
- You can request payments upfront or ask clients for an initial deposit.
Once a renter agrees to your guidelines and signs a contract, you collect your fees and give them the car keys.
Hundreds of dollars a month can be earned by doing this. Just remember you’ll have to cover your car’s repair and maintenance costs.
- A car
- A clear set of rules for renters
- Car insurance
16. Look After Other People’s Pets
Are you an animal lover? If so, then why not make money from it!
You probably know a few friends and neighbors who might need your services. This is perfect for pet owners going away on a trip or going home late and need their pets cared for during their absence.
Here are a few tips for starting:
- Prepare a record file that lists down a pet’s breed, color, health history, and other important details
- Allocate an area in your house that will keep pets from harm
- Identify what features you can offer with your service
- Advertise your services, start with people you already know!
- Friends and neighbors will likely be some of your first few clients.
- Get paid as soon as the owner picks up their pet.
If you love animals, then you probably already know how to look after them.
$100’s can be made with pet sitting. However, jobs might not come that frequently.
- A sizable space in your house
- First aid kits for you and the animals
- Basic knowledge of animal care
17. Host Your Home in Airbnb
With a house, room, caravan or anything similar, you can list it on AirBnb to make good money renting it out!
Many travellers choose to book their rooms on Airbnb over hotels because of cheaper prices, better locations, and unique experiences.
Before you host your home on Airbnb, prepare these things:
- Good photos of the place you’re listing
- House rules
- Housekeeping services
- A memorable feature
If you create a pleasant experience, you can expect tips, a good review, and new connections!
- It takes a few days before Airbnb verifies your listed property.
- You can ask short-term renters to pay as soon as they arrive.
Property maintenance is your main concern. Fortunately, you can hire someone to clean and maintain for you.
With a good location or peak season, you could earn a lot.
18. Become An Online Tutor
Tutoring students online can be a very fulfilling and profitable side job if you enjoy helping people understand new things.
Tutoring is usually a one-on-one session. You can focus on your student’s learning style and adjust to help them understand better. This also means you need to be patient and communicate well.
Offer your services at:
- For some platforms, you’ll need to submit a copy of your certifications to see if you’re qualified. This process could take a few days.
- It varies per platform. Some will let you receive payment after a session, or on a bi-monthly basis.
You have to adjust to your student’s level of understanding and stay updated on the latest information about your specialized subject.
Private tutors can charge anywhere from $17 to $ 45 or higher, depending on their skills, experience, and location.
- Be aware of the important tips before becoming a tutor
- Good communication skills
- A stable internet connection
- Expertise in a certain area
Investing and Earning Money from Home
Investing isn’t reserved for millionaires. If you have some cash saved up, there are many ways you can begin investing with that!
Our top recommendation is to use an auto-trading tool such as ProfitFarmers. There’s no need to have any experience, the difficult trading bits are all automated, and no fees whatsoever – you keep all the profits.
Check out our review to see how it works!
Below, we cover some other options for growing your investment portfolio online.
19. Invest in Crowdlending
With a larger amount of money and an interest for startups, crowdlending could be for you.
Invest in startup projects without having to go through a bank, and if the startup goes successfully, you’ll earn an interest.
Some of the most popular crowdlending websites are:
- For most crowdlending platforms, you can sign up and invest in a project within a day.
- Typically, crowdlending investors get money through dividends, monthly, quarterly, or yearly depending on the platform.
Finding a project takes time if you want to have a chance at making a profit.
Very successful projects can give a payout of $10,000+ a year.
- An investment account
- A sizable sum of cash
20. Invest in Stocks
Investing in stocks has proven to be one of the best ways to invest your money over a long period of time. You can invest in many big companies with high potential for growth.
But, it’s better to focus your money on companies that deal with proven assets. Some of these include:
- Energy (Fossil Fuel, Geothermal energy, etc.)
- Healthcare (Pharmaceuticals, Healthcare Products, etc.)
- Materials (Iron, Steel, or Copper Products)
- Information Technology (Tech Startups, AI development, and Tech Solutions)
- In most cases, you’ll need to open an investment account with an accredited bank.
- Many banks take the time to verify your identity before letting you withdraw your cash. The entire process could take days or even weeks to complete.
You can still invest in the stock market even if you’re a beginner. All you have to do is find a trusted investment specialist and follow their advice.
Investment specialist fees, bank transaction fees, and government tax can take up a big part of your overall profits.
- A clean credit history
- Investment account with an accredited bank
- Money to invest
21. Invest in Real Estate
Real estate is a complicated yet profitable market to invest in. In popular areas, investment returns can be huge.
Properties in less popular locations, on the other hand, offer lower returns but have the biggest potential for growth.
These are the two main property investment methods:
- Hold it until you can sell it for its maximum value and price
- Have it rented out (as a vacation home, long-term rental, etc.
- Finding the right property to buy can take months, not including the purchasing process.
- If you’re renting out the property, you could ask for payments immediately. But if you’re selling it, you might wait months before you see any money.
If you’re thinking of selling your real estate investment, you’ll have to wait for a buyer with a good offer. If you’re thinking of renting it out, you have to know your responsibilities as a landlord.
Your primary sources of revenue are your renters and the land’s selling value. However, your potential returns are affected by the property’s location so in popular areas, you can charge more.
22. The Obvious Choice – Become Self-employed
If you want to take full control of your earnings and work schedule, then being self-employed is the perfect career choice for you.
Some of the most common businesses you can do at home are:
- Virtual assistant services
- Online consulting services
- It could take a few days, months, or even a year before your business can fully launch.
- Finding your first-paying client might take awhile. Generally, clients would pay upfront, but this depends on what kind of business you have.
Most self-employed business owners face tight competition. That means if you want to succeed, then you should find a way to stand out and make your services or products the preferred choice.
If your business is successful, it’s possible for you to make $5,000+ a week.
- A product or service
- An internet connection
- A payment system
How to Avoid Scams on the Internet
Thanks to the internet, there are plenty of online-based options available that you can do.
But people take advantage of this, and run scams that could leave you hopeless penniless….
Here are 5 tips to help defend yourself against scams:
- Ask every possible question before taking a job request
- Clearly define the job description
- Never give out your personal information (credit card, passwords, address, etc)
- Do your research about the client or company
- If in doubt, ask help from a professional
Reasons Why You Should Get Started Earning Money from Home
A great many people have realized that having just a 9-5 job is frequently financially insufficient for realizing their dreams and desires. To earn extra money, they could find a new job, increase their hours or ask for a raise, but looking at it realistically, these three solutions are probably not particularly great.
Wouldn’t it be great to have just $300 extra per month? Or maybe get rid of your 9-5 job completely?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then we hope you’ve chosen something to do from this article! By doing this, you can create an additional income stream, thus getting closer to your dreams and desires.
Just in case you need more reasons to get started, know these:
You Can Create Extra Income
Instead of relying solely on your office job, you can build another source of revenue by doing remote tasks!
You Can Make Money From Anywhere in the World!
Despite this article’s title, your ability to make money isn’t restricted to your house. Some methods can be easily done while you’re travelling, sitting on the train, or relaxing at the beach.
You Can Make a Living Just from Home
We are not recommending that you quit your job right now. But if you work on some of the methods here, it’s quite possible to make enough money from home and be able to quit your job eventually!
You Will Find that it’s Fun, Exciting, and Rewarding
With this work setup, you are the sole determinant of how much money you make. This challenge of working for yourself develops your independence and growth in the direction you want.
There is No Limit to How Much Money You Can Make!
When working at a ‘normal’ job, there is, to some extent, a limit to how much money you can earn. But, you avoid this when you’re a freelancer or a self-employed worker. By continually improving your skills and seeking remote work opportunities, there are no limits to your potential income!
Now All You Have to do is Get Started!
We hope you’ve been able to choose something to do from this guide. Remember that you’re not limited to just one method, as some can complement each other well. Example: Blogging about your cryptocurrency trading experience!
Even if you’re still working, getting another income stream that you can easily do anywhere might eventually become your main source of living…all on your own terms.
If you’re still unsure with which method is right for you, you can take our short MoolahNinjas quiz and find out within minutes!